Collection of Information
When you download and use the App, we may collect certain information (“Registration Information”) about you, such as:
- Email address;
- Gender identity;
- Date of birth;
- Sexual preference;
- Your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running; and
- Login information.
Once you register, you will be able to review and change this information at any time. This information helps to enhance the App and verify our Users (Robots are not welcome!!). Registration Information such as your photo may be visible to the public.
We may also collect additional information in connection with your use of Bonfire when you are using our messaging function.
If you contact our Customer Support team, we will receive your email address, device ID and type, the operating system used by your device and access times as well as the information you send to us to help resolve your query. We will keep records of our communications with you, including any complaints that we receive from you about other Users (and from other Users about you).
We recommend and encourage you (and all our members) to think carefully about the information you disclose about yourself. Please remember that photographs that you post on Bonfire may reveal information about yourself as well. When you do upload and choose to tell us sensitive information about yourself, you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your information and making this public to other users.
When you post information about yourself or use the messaging function, the amount of personal information you share is at your own risk. If you post anything that is inconsistent with our Terms and Conditions of Use. We reserve the right to terminate your Account – we really don’t want to have to do this so please play by the rules!
Cookies are small data files that are transferred to your computer’s hard disk. Like many websites, we use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve Bonfire, but we do not require cookies for many parts of our App such as searching and looking at public User profiles or lists.
The cookies we collect enable us to learn how people interact with Bonfire, which in turn helps us make a better product for you. Cookies store information about your website visits and can recognise you and your preferences each time you visit Bonfire, helping us provide a better service.
If for any reason you decide that you do not want all of your Bonfire activities to be stored you may set your browser and mobile settings to block cookies and local storage devices. Please remember that if you do so, you may not be able to access all of the features Bonfire offers.
How We Use Collected Information
Bonfire may collect and use a User’s personal information for the following purposes:
- to deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- to manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- to perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
- to communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- to develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- for website or mobile application analytics;
- to verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- to perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
How We Protect Your Information
Our technical experts at Bonfire work hard to ensure your secure use of our Site. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information on our Site from those we actually know are under 18, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone below the age of 18.
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
You can also stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to our policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on June 19, 2018.